You could have to essentially open your thoughts to do that pizza, however by now I hope you’ll be able to belief me that these flavors and textures work properly collectively. The creaminess of the beans, the pop of freshness from the entire lemon slices, the saltiness and smoothness of the Manchego, the tartness of the artichoke … it really works.
There actually is lots happening, and I do know you’ll like it. This pizza is definitely a tackle a pizza I did the primary time I competed in Parma in 2018. I used escarole there, however over time my tastes have modified and I actually want the pepper taste and the look of the micro watercress to the crunch of the escarole. Not understanding what the Italians would consider this pizza, and me being tremendous naive to worldwide competitions, I used to be shocked that they really preferred it. I believe you’ll too!
Contemporary Lemon, Manchego and Artichoke Pizza
Creator: Pizza In the present day
Recipe sort: pizza
- 1 8-10 ounce dough ball
- 3 ounces Manchego (shredded)
- 1 ounce contemporary mozzarella (cubed)
- 15.5 ounces can cannellini beans (rinsed & dried)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher or flake salt
- 2 ounces child artichoke hearts (drained)
- 4 slices of contemporary lemon (sliced as skinny as attainable, however nonetheless a full circle slice)
- Micro watercress
- Earlier than you stretch your dough, add the cannelini beans to a mixing bowl and add the tablespoon of top of the range olive oil and a teaspoon of salt. Mash the beans and stir to include the oil and salt, however maintain a lot of the beans entire.
- Stretch dough ball to desired measurement.
- Prime by spreading the Manchego, then dotting the contemporary mozzarella.
- Place lemon items round pizza, then layer the beans and artichoke hearts over the pizza.
- Gently break the artichoke hearts to offer you an excellent unfold of toppings with usually the identical measurement.
- Bake at 550 F for 8-10 minutes, then let cool on a cooling rack for a minute or two earlier than topping with freshly grated Romano and child watercress.