Roasted Eggplant Parmesan Grinder
Writer: Pizza As we speak
Recipe sort: sandwiches
Makes 4 grinders Word: In case you are pre-cooking the eggplant for service, I warmth up the within of the grinder (eggplant, ricotta, sauce and mozzarella) on a forged iron pan and toast the roll individually to provide the eggplant a bit of further time to warmth up with out burning the roll. After every is cooked via, I switch the eggplant to the roll and end with basil.
- 12 slices eggplant (slice in quarter inch slabs)
- Sea salt (to style)
- Pink pepper flakes (to style)
- Olive oil (about ¼ cup)
- Home marinara
- 8 tablespoons ricotta
- 8 slices mozzarella
- 4 rolls
- 16 go away basil
- On a sheet tray, lay every slice of eggplant down then brush with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pink pepper flakes (a bit of goes a great distance with the pepper flakes). Then flip every slice over and repeat.
- Roast the eggplant at 400 F for about 10 minutes or till tender and simply beginning to brown.
- Slice your rolls (I like to chop down the facet and never all over).
- Put one slice of eggplant on every roll.
- Dollop 1 tablespoon of ricotta on high of every and unfold evenly
- Comply with with a tablespoon of marinara on every grinder.
- Repeat this with one other slice of eggplant, then ricotta and sauce.
- Place one other slice of eggplant on high of the sauce after which high with 2 slices of mozzarella (or about ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella)
- Bake on sheet tray at 550 F for about 6 minutes or till cheese on high is effervescent.
- Take out and end with 4 leaves of basil per grinder.
- Eat and revel in!