If you’re something like me, you like pizza and tacos! This month I’m going to offer you a bit mash up. Some time in the past there was a query requested on one of many many pizza teams, “What’s an under-utilized pizza topping?” My reply: cauliflower. I completely like it roasted and added to a pizza. Additionally it is nice added to mac and cheese. The identical rules apply: melted cheese and cauliflower go collectively effectively. It’s magic. For this recipe I roast and deal with the cauliflower like pork carnitas. The flavors are nice, and for these of you that want to skip meat from time to time or an excellent vegetable choice to your pizza, give this a strive. There may be some prep concerned with this one, although. The pickled onions and the pickled peppers take a day or so to arrange. However it’s positively well worth the time.
This recipe will make three to 4 10-12-inch pizzas. Get pleasure from!
On Deck: Cauliflower and Pickled Pepper Taco Pizza
Writer: Pizza As we speak
Recipe kind: pizzas
- 12-16 oz complete milk mozzarella
- *For the cauliflower:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ teaspoon floor cumin
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- pinch kosher salt
- *For the pineapple pickled peppers:
- 10-12 serrano peppers, thinly lower on a bias
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 garlic cloves
- *For the citrus pickled onion:
- 1 complete crimson onion sliced skinny
- 1 -2 lemons
- *Submit bake toppings:
- Recent Cilantro
- Chipotle sauce (retailer purchased is okay)
- To roast the cauliflower, lower the cauliflower into florets and add them to a mixing bowl.
- Add the oil, cumin, chile powder, paprika and salt.
- Toss to include all of the spices into the cauliflower.
- Add the spiced cauliflower to a sheet pan and roast at 500-550 F for 10-Quarter-hour, tossing and turning each couple of minutes to get an excellent cook dinner and char marks.
- When the cauliflower is tender and totally roasted, take out of oven and let cool. As soon as cooled, wrap and refrigerate.
- To pickle the onions, put your thinly sliced onions right into a bowl and squeeze the lemon over the onion. As soon as all of the juice is protecting the onions, toss and ensure the lemon juice is hitting all of the onion. For the primary hour or so, hold turning the onions and mixing them within the lemon juice.
- Cowl and refrigerate.
- To pickle the peppers, put the sliced peppers in a bowl.
- Add the vinegar, pineapple juice, salt and sugar to a sauté pan and boil, stirring rigorously till the sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Pour answer over the lower peppers, cool and wrap.
- Stretch your dough to desired dimension and add to a floured pizza peel.
- Prime with 4 ounces of mozzarella, then organize the roasted cauliflower across the pizza.
- Bake pizza for 10-12 minutes at 550 F, turning when wanted to make sure correct bake.
- When completed baking, take away pizza from oven and let cool on a rack for a minute or two.
- Minimize pizza into six slices and, utilizing a spoon, drizzle chipotle sauce round pizza.
- Unfold pickled peppers, pickled onion and recent cilantro leaves over pizza and serve.