These colourful, contemporary veggie kabobs are good for throwing on the grill once you want a fast facet dish. So scrumptious and simple!
Elevate your summer season grilling recreation with this fast and simple grilled Veggie Kabob recipe, the proper facet dish for something you’re grilling. Bursting with colours and texture, the charred corn, crimson onion, bell pepper, zucchini, and tomatoes are completed off with BBQ sauce for additional taste. Make them prematurely and throw them on the grill for a quick weeknight dinner or summer season get together. Excellent for dairy-free and gluten-free diets. For extra kabob recipes, attempt my Grilled Rooster Pesto Kebabs, Steak Kebabs with Chimichurri, and Blackened Grilled Salmon Skewers.
In season summer season greens don’t want a lot work to make their flavors shine, right here I stored it easy with salt and pepper (no marinade wanted!) then end it with a little bit BBQ sauce. Fast and simple!
Veggie Kabob Elements
- Greens: Corn, crimson onion, yellow and crimson bell peppers, zucchini, cherry tomatoes
- Olive Oil Spray for the veggies
- Salt for seasoning
- Kabob Sauce: Water combined with BBQ sauce (Purchase your favourite or make do-it-yourself sauce.)
Grill Veggie Kabobs
- Skewers: Use metallic skewers or bamboo skewers. If utilizing bambo, soak skewers in water for about half-hour earlier than threading the greens onto them. Soaking will forestall the sticks from burning on the grill.
- Corn: Shuck the corn and minimize the small ends off the cobs. Reduce every ear into six items for 12 whole.
- Thread the Skewers: Alternate the veggies so you’ve two items of every vegetable on every skewer.
- Season the Greens: Spritz the kabobs with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high warmth.
- Sauce: Mix the BBQ sauce and water in a small bowl.
Reduce Veggies for Kabobs
Kabob veggies are a preferred alternative for grilling, and the important thing to an ideal kabab is even cooking. All of your elements have to be minimize to roughly the identical dimension to cook dinner the greens evenly. In case your items are totally different sizes, the smaller ones might burn earlier than the bigger ones cook dinner by. Listed below are some pointers for making ready greens for kabobs:
- Bell Peppers: Take away the stem and seeds, and minimize the peppers into 1- to 1 ½-inch squares. This dimension is massive sufficient to not fall off the skewer however sufficiently small to cook dinner evenly.
- Pink Onions: Peel the onion and minimize it into quarters.
- Zucchini or Yellow Squash: Search for medium zucchini or squash. Slice them into ½-inch rounds. Make sure that they’re not too skinny to stop them from getting too smooth and falling off the skewer.
- Cherry or Grape Tomatoes: Depart tomatoes complete.
- Corn: Take away the husk and the silk. Reduce the cobs into ½-inch to ¾-inch rounds. Skewer the corn rounds by the middle of the cob to make sure they keep on securely.
How Lengthy to Grill Veggie Kabobs
Place the vegetable kabobs on the grill and cook dinner for about 10 minutes, turning usually till every little thing is barely charred and tender. Brush the BBQ sauce on the veggies on the final minute of cooking and switch yet another time.
Cook dinner Veggie Skewers within the Oven:
I discover a grill pan isn’t the most effective for these skewers so should you don;t have a grill you’ll be able to broil them within the oven. Place the oven rack six inches under the heating ingredient and cook dinner for about 10 minutes, turning a couple of instances to make sure even cooking.
What to Serve with Grilled Vegetable Kabobs
These simple vegetable kabobs may be prepped a day or two prematurely and refrigerate in an hermetic container them till you’re able to cook dinner them.
Retailer Veggie Kabobs
Leftovers will last as long as 4 days within the fridge. Reheat within the microwave till heat.
- Greens: Attempt totally different greens like yellow squash, eggplant, or mushrooms.
- Tomatoes: Swap cherry tomatoes for grape.
- Sauce: In the event you don’t like BBQ sauce, skip it. You might end them off with a squeeze of contemporary lemon juice.
Extra Grilled Vegetable Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 kabob
If utilizing wood skewers, soak about 1 hour.
Reduce small ends off corn and minimize every into 6 items, to offer you 12 whole.
Organize the skewers, alternating every veggie so you’ve 2 items of every vegetable on every skewer. Spritz throughout with olive oil and season with salt.
Preheat the grill to medium-high warmth.
Mix BBQ sauce and water in a small bowl.
Place kabobs on the grill and cook dinner, turning usually till the greens are barely charred and tender, about 10 minutes.
Brush the bbq sauce on the veggies, the final minute of cooking, and switch as soon as once more.
Please go away a score and remark letting us know the way you appreciated this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 kabob, Energy: 105 kcal, Carbohydrates: 24 g, Protein: 3.5 g, Fats: 1 g, Saturated Fats: 0.5 g, Sodium: 239.5 mg, Fiber: 3.5 g, Sugar: 11.5 g